Re: LDS bot - an interesting tool

Moderator: Juniper

CQ
Site Admin

Re: LDS bot - an interesting tool

Post by CQ »

Telavian wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:00 pm
LDS bot - an interesting tool.

While looking around the BH Roberts website I noticed that they have an LDS focused chat bot.
I used it for a few minutes, and it responded surprisingly well. Of course, it was pro LDS, however it certainly wasn't 100% rosy about things.

If you are interested, I would encourage you to try it out.

https://ldsbot.com/

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Are the fab15 wiser than the fab4?

I'm afraid I'm a bit confused. 😅 When you say "fab15" and "fab4", are you referring to any specific individuals or groups within the context of the Latter-day Saints faith or are these references to something else? Could you please provide a little more context so I can give you a more accurate response? Thanks! 🙏
March 8 and 18 made me do it. 8-)

Capisci. :?:

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

How will the Davidic Servant interface with the brethren?

Can I just clarify if by 'the brethren' you're referring to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? And also, could you explain a bit more what you're asking about the Davidic Servant? Thanks! 🙂

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

What does Isaiah say about the Davidic Servant?

Ah, got it. Thanks for clarifying. Well, the "Davidic Servant" is a prophetic figure mentioned in Isaiah and other prophetic books in the Bible. The Latter-day Saint understanding of this figure may vary, but some see this role as symbolic of Jesus Christ, who is the ultimate heir to the throne of David.

For example, Isaiah 11:1 states, "And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots." Jesse was the father of David, and this chapter of Isaiah discusses the righteous reign and peace that this Branch will bring about.

However, interpretations may differ, and specific understanding of how this figure interfaces with the brethren or church leaders isn't clearly outlined in scripture. It’s always helpful to continue study and prayer, seeking personal revelation on such topics. And if there's something you're unsure about, we encourage speaking with local church leaders. 😊

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Why did a 5.7 magnitude earthquake land Moroni’s Instrument?

I believe you're referring to the 5.7 magnitude earthquake that hit Salt Lake City, Utah, in March 2020. During this earthquake, the angel Moroni statue atop the Salt Lake Temple lost its trumpet.

It's important to note that earthquakes, like many natural disasters, are usually understood as natural phenomena caused by shifts in tectonic plates beneath the earth's crust. As an AI, I can't explain why specific events occur as they do, including the specific details of the 2020 Salt Lake City earthquake. However, in gospel teachings, trials and challenges are often seen as opportunities for growth and increased faith.

While the trumpet's dislocation was an unfortunate event, it provided a chance for Latter-day Saints worldwide to remember the faith and resilience of pioneers who built the Temple and the values it stands for. And as I understand it, they've since replaced the Moroni statue atop the Salt Lake Temple as part of the ongoing renovation there. 😄

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

What are we to understand about the timing patterns at March8miracle.org that spell CHRIST and CRIST?

I'm sorry, but as an AI developed to give answers based on Latter-day Saints teachings and scripture, I don't have information about external websites that aren't officially recognized by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

If you ever have questions about Latter-day Saints teachings, scriptures, or church programs, I'm here to help where I can! 😊 If you're interested in miracles and timing patterns related to Christ, it's always fascinating to explore those topics within the scriptures and teachings of Latter-day Saints leaders.

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

What are we to understand about the timing patterns at March8miracle.org that spell CHRIST and CRIST?

Based on the real-time information, there are timing patterns at March8miracle.org that spell out the words "CHRIST" and "CRIST". These patterns are associated with an Angel Type Image (ATI) captured on a sight-seeing photo of Oklahoma City. The timing pattern that spells "CHRIST" is related to a Mormon temple quake, while the timing pattern that spells "CRIST" is associated with another event. The website March8miracle.org gained attention due to these timing patterns and the appearance of the ATI. It seems that these patterns have significance within the context of the website and its content.

https://help.opera.com/en/browser-ai-faq/

Javalinda
NewBee

Post by Javalinda »

[code][quote=Luke]

Who wrote the foreword
for Russell M.
Nelson's book "From Heart to Heart"?

[/quote][/code]

[quote=BeNotDeceived post_id=1423387 time=1695648199 user_id=3711]
[quote=Luke post_id=1423383 time=1695646899 user_id=12113]
86B91DAC-C657-4CBB-BF21-497011195E0F.jpeg
[/quote]

[code][quote=Luke]

Who wrote the foreword
for Russell M.
Nelson's book "From Heart to Heart"?

[/quote][/code]

VERY INTERESTING
[/quote]

is man
Marshmallow

Post by is man »

Javalinda wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:20 pm is manDo fixThisLatter isoao RazuDo inSpareTime asperJuniper
isnewsig Yay=~isman . . . * . . . . . . . .**

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

hicolor-0070FF
https://craigkeener.com/one-strike-youre-out-on-the-gift-of-prophecy-deuteronomy-1822/ wrote:
One-strike-you’re-out on the gift of prophecy?—Deuteronomy 18:22

ByCraig Keener
March 1, 2021
Deut. 18:22 If a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD but the thing does not take place or prove true, it is a word that the LORD has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously; do not be frightened by it. (NRSV)

In the New Testament, we recognize that even in small house churches, like those in Corinth, prophecies had to be evaluated each week (1 Cor 14:29). That suggests that those prophecies remained fallible and not all of them passed muster in all their details.

But how does that square with Old Testament teaching about stoning a prophet if their word doesn’t come to pass? Some argue for a radical difference between Old and New Testament prophecy. But we should remember that not all prophecies in OT times, just like not all prophecies in NT times, automatically qualified for inclusion in the Bible, even if they were by true prophets. We don’t hear the prophecies of the true prophets whom Jezebel killed, or of the hundred whom Obadiah hid in a cave (1 Kgs 18:4).

Prophecy in Corinth, where the believers were just two or three years old in the Lord, had to get vetted through a process of peer review. In the OT, senior prophets often mentored junior prophets, probably supervising their prophesying (1 Sam 19:20; 2 Kgs 2:3-7; 4:38). That is, there was also a process of review as younger prophets were maturing. (It was considered noteworthy when a prophet arose like Samuel, none of whose words failed—1 Sam 3:19; or Moses, who talked with God face to face—Num 12:6-8.)

Words coming to pass was one measure, but as we shall see, it was not the decisive criterion for prophecy. Prophets were false even if their words came to pass, if they sought to lead God’s people to worship other gods (Deut 13:1-5); they spoke “rebellion” against the Lord (13:5). The passage about executing a prophet who speaks something that does not come to pass (18:20-22), contrasts in context with the true prophet like Moses (18:15-19). The prophet to which it refers is a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods or speaks presumptuously what God has not said (18:20, 22).

But does this refer to stoning a prophet who thought God was speaking and misunderstood him or made a mistake on some point? The Hebrew word translated “presumptuously” means “rebelliously.” As in the statement above, it refers to someone seeking to lead us away from the Lord. If it actually referred to anyone who makes a mistake in speaking for the Lord then it would rule out Nathan, who had to correct himself (2 Sam 7:2-5). If it refers to anyone whose word does not come to pass it would rule out Jonah, who prophesied judgment but the judgment was averted by the people’s repentance (Jon 3:4). Jeremiah teaches that in fact most prophecies are conditional (Jer 8:5-10). God sometimes lets true prophets know when conditions have changed and judgment is delayed (1 Kgs 21:29).

Israel’s history, however, does not give us much indication of true prophets who prophesied publicly and spoke what was not truly the word of the Lord. After being mentored by senior prophets, by the time that newer prophets were speaking, they seem to have been fairly mature in their prophetic calling. Prophecies in local congregations must be evaluated, but a prophet who prophesies wrongly on a massive national scale seems to be at most an exception in the OT. So while an error might not always make a person a false prophet who prophesies rebellion against God, it is still serious business. True prophecy is about honoring God and revealing his heart.

Of course, we are not called to stone even genuinely false prophets today. In the New Testament, the OT death penalty is transmuted to excommunication (Deut 13:5 and parallels in 1 Cor 5:13). If a person has prophesied falsely, even publicly, but is not leading us toward other gods or counseling rebellion against the Lord, some discipline may sometimes be in order, allowing for a time of seeking where they got it wrong. If a person has prophesied and their words come to pass or don’t come to pass, but they are prophesying rebelliously against God’s true message, then the full discipline of putting them outside the church is in order. We just need to be pretty sure we get it right before exercising that full discipline, which is quite serious (Matt 18:15-17; 1 Cor 5:5; 1 Tim 1:20).

As for executing people—happily, that’s not our business as the church. If people got executed today for all the things that Old Testament law commanded, we might not have many people left. As Christians, we are called to bring life and restoration. So keep your stones for your rock garden. But we do need to take prophecy seriously. On the local level, we grow and mature as best as we can. Before we say definitively, “the Lord says,” we’d better be pretty sure we’re right. (It’s safer to say, “This is what I feel like the Lord is saying.”) The same is really the case for teachers, when we say, “The Bible says,” among those for whom “The Bible says” = “The Lord says.” And before going public on a massive scale, prophets (and teachers) should have a pretty good track record of hearing God (and the Bible) rightly.

Javalinda
NewBee

Post by Javalinda »

CQ wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:25 pm
What was the deal with no dealing playing cards?

Great question! Historically, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has discouraged the use of face cards (standard deck of playing cards) due to their association with gambling and other negative behaviors. This attitude mainly developed in the early years of the church and was influenced by the culture of the time. Some leaders expressed caution about their use and associated them with idle and wasteful behavior 😬.

However, it's important to know that there's no official doctrine or commandment that prohibits card playing. Different individuals and families have different opinions about it, as it's often seen as a matter of personal or parental discretion. The overall goal is to encourage activities that uplift, build character, and foster unity and healthy fun, which could include various games and activities 😊.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions or need further clarification!

night0WL
NewBee

Post by night0WL »

night0WL wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:31 pm My first NoBMk (Nightowl bookmark) is here in isMan’sAwesome-typeThread.

What was the deal with no dealing playing cards?

Great question! Historically, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has discouraged the use of face cards (standard deck of playing cards) due to their association with gambling and other negative behaviors. This attitude mainly developed in the early years of the church and was influenced by the culture of the time. Some leaders expressed caution about their use and associated them with idle and wasteful behavior 😬.

However, it's important to know that there's no official doctrine or commandment that prohibits card playing. Different individuals and families have different opinions about it, as it's often seen as a matter of personal or parental discretion. The overall goal is to encourage activities that uplift, build character, and foster unity and healthy fun, which could include various games and activities 😊.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions or need further clarification!

Nobmkoao =~ marksa newNobmk 8-)

Nightowl noTry just consider itDone. 🐸

isMan stayed extraTime and No is in early to getStuff doneAlready. With love 4aLL yaowL =~
isBMxs =~ NoBMxs =~ yeahBaby-yeah-ok-type2

night0WL
NewBee

Post by night0WL »

FrankOne wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:43 pm Who will know when the S is about to hit the F?

Those that see nukes exploding in the distance. Those close by won't know anything except a flash of heat.
Thunder is always preceded by lightning ⛈️

Who will know CQQ =~ those that see lighting at close range. Nightowl-onDuty.

is man
Marshmallow

Post by is man »

What words begin with a and ends with Z?

Interesting question! Although it's a little off-topic from what we usually discuss, I'm happy to oblige. An example of a word that starts with "A" and ends with "Z" would be "almanac" or "apologize." But let's get back to chatting about the gospel or different aspects of the Latter-day Saint faith, shall we? 😊

How wrong is that =~ FFat QcQ
isnewsig Yay=~isman . . . * . . . . . . . .**

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

Who are the descendants of the baby blessed with the name Mahonri Moriancumer?
I'm sorry, but as an AI, I don't have access to specific personal data about individuals unless it has been shared with me in the course of our conversation. I'm designed to respect user privacy and confidentiality. So, I'm unable to provide information on the descendants of the baby who was blessed by Joseph Smith and given the name Mahonri Moriancumer. My primary function is to provide information related to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its doctrine. 😊 Can I assist you with any other questions on that topic?
It took several minutes to slowly write that answer, after rephrasing rhe question a few times.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

bard.google wrote:According to the Book of Mormon, the baby blessed with the name Mahonri Moriancumer was the son of Reynolds Cahoon, a member of the early Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The prophet Joseph Smith gave the baby the name in 1834, and it is the only time that the name Mahonri Moriancumer appears in the Book of Mormon.

According to family records, Mahonri Moriancumer Cahoon married Lillie Estella Starling and had six children. Their descendants are scattered throughout the world, but many live in the United States, particularly in Utah.

Some notable descendants of Mahonri Moriancumer Cahoon include:

Mahonri Moriancumer Dansie (1887-1985), a Utah educator and businessman
Mahonri Moriancumer Stookey (1870-1939), a Utah farmer and community leader
Mahonri Moriancumer Young (1852-1884), a Utah missionary and businessman
It is difficult to say exactly how many descendants Mahonri Moriancumer Cahoon has, but it is likely in the thousands. His descendants have made significant contributions to their communities and to the world at large.

I hope this information is helpful.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

Mahonri Moriancumer is a character mentioned in the religious text known as the Book of Ether, which is part of the Book of Mormon. According to the Book of Ether, Mahonri Moriancumer was a righteous man who lived during the time of the Tower of Babel. He was the brother of Jared and led a group of people who were directed by the Lord to travel to the Americas.
The Book of Ether does not provide specific information about the descendants of Mahonri Moriancumer. The book primarily focuses on the history and lineage of the Jaredite people as a whole, rather than individual genealogies.
Therefore, there is no specific information available regarding the descendants of Mahonri Moriancumer in the Book of Mormon or any other authoritative source. — Aria.Opera

Aria and Bard have surnames, but not Ldsbot. :lol:

night0WL
NewBee

Post by night0WL »

How can Joseph Smith be the servant in 3 Nephi 21,

seeing that he was killed,

and said scripture says they will not hurt him?
That's a great question 😊

While some people interpret the servant of 3 Nephi 21 to refer to Joseph Smith, it's important to remember that the identity of this servant isn't explicitly defined in the text and other servants in the future could also fulfill this prophecy. The prophecy speaks more to the work that the servant will do, which is to help bring about the gathering of Israel in the last days.

Now as for the phrase that "they shall not hurt him," it's important to note that not all scriptural prophecies are meant to be interpreted literally. It could mean that, in a larger sense, the enemies of the servant will not be able to halt the progress of the work he started or destroy the Church that he restored, even though they might harm him personally. In that regard, even though Joseph Smith suffered martyrdom, the work he began continues to go forward unhindered.

Scriptures often have layers of meaning, and personal revelation is a guiding principle of our faith. As we study, ponder, and pray about these things, the Holy Ghost can provide more insights that fit with our personal context and understanding. 😊 Lastly, just be aware that while we can debate these points, ultimately it's the Spirit that will reveal the truth of all things (Moroni 10:5).
Can you say, nope that don’t make no sense. :lol:

Javalinda
NewBee

Post by Javalinda »

night0WL wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:15 am How can Joseph Smith be the servant in 3 Nephi 21, …

Can you say, nope that don’t make no sense. :lol:
Is it possible to kill Joseph Smith, but not hut him?
ldsbot wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Are you asking about how Joseph Smith died, or is this a hypothetical scenario you're suggesting? Joseph Smith was actually killed, along with his brother Hyrum, by a mob at Carthage Jail in 1844. This is considered by the church as a martyrdom. You can read more about it through this article: "Joseph and Hyrum Smith’s Martyrdom". 😊