Was Lucifer A Son of God Like Jesus?

Moderator: Juniper

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Re: Was Lucifer A Son of God Like Jesus?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Valo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:37 pm Tue is Tiw or Tyr and also means "truth"

Truthfully TUE to me meant Tuesday, which it was and it made me think of Tuesday Afternoon by the Moody Blues.

One version of it is 5 minutes and 7 seconds, another is 4 minutes and 57 seconds (4:57am is my weekday alarm and now Alexa plays Big Cabbage Radio!). Or an extended version 8 minutes and 31 seconds all captured at 380x579 native aspect ratio on my iPad mini. Formula 4:09 reminds me of my beloved sister’s birthday. Moody is a common connection too.

(It is rather apropos, that Merlin is a magical musician on a 2Fer Tuesday) 🐳
March 8 and 18 made me do it. 8-)

Capisci. :?:

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

The Wicker Man wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:21 pm
Valo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:00 pm There is me and then there is the Spirit of the Father in side of me. The portion of the Spirit of the Father I have may not be as great as the portion of the Spirit someone else has. Someone might have a greater portion. Then there is one who is the Captain. The Davidic Servant is the Captain of all the smaller portions of the Spirit. The Head of the Body of Christ. There is but One Head or Captain.

But just like I am me and I have a portion of the Spirit, the same is true with the DS. They are a human as other humans are and are separate from the Father or the Spirit. The human Father has chosen as the vessel He will indwell as the Head or to be the Captain does not have to go along. Father can choose another vessel if needed.

We choose to work in a symbiotic relationship, as Michael Sherwin puts it, with the Father. As we choose this then we begin to develop, through the portion of the Father loaned to us, we can produce out own fruit. If we nourish the Spirit and do what the Spirit says we obey Father-God commandments and the Spirit of the Father is enlarged in us.

It's a role and it's an individual. The Father has worked with/indwelt many humans over the Eons of time to bring to pass His purposes and in each case it's a combination of man striving with the Father.

If we are willing to strive with the Father here in this Hell, no matter how small a portion we have, if we strive to obey that portion, then Father will magnify what we have beyond measure. He will strive with us in Eternity.

This is how I have come to understand this question.
I think that you said it better than I did! :D
The Spirit wants me to share this...

I received my patriarchal blessing from Jonathan W. Snow on November 27, 1995.

First let me point out interesting links. The date of my blessing incorporates 1957, 57, 19, and the day of the month of MS's birthday. I might have missed something. Also the form the blessing is printed on is form "32016 5/77". None of this I would have even bothered to notice a year ago or so. Interesting if nothing else. :)

But be that as it may, here is an excerpt from my blessing.

"When you are obedient to law and live within the direction the law prompts, you will be happy, and when you are troubled you can know that it is because things which you do are contrary to the will of the Lord." ( I never much liked that line :D )

"It is a great desire of the Lord that you be happy, because in happiness you are useful to guide others and assist others, and bring them to understand which only those who live and receive the Lord's law and understand it are happy."

"It is important that you strive to increase in knowledge. You have come to understand (have I though? :D ) that through the decisions we make daily, we are developing a position in our lives that enables us to be what we choose to be. And when we reach the end of our physical existence on this earth we may well have become the result of the sum of our decisions that we have chosen good, and we can say, "I have done, Lord, the best that I could do with my life. I am happy to present myself."

"You have responsibilities to brothers and sisters in different lands, and these responsibilities are great. You are in a position where you can be an example and where others will recognize your example. You are in a position where you can demonstrate the power of priesthood. You will have the privilege of serving a mission, and you will be able to see the gospel enlighten and enter the lives of people to make them strong and happy (I wonder when? ;) ). The result of the gospel in our lives is to produce happiness that is not reached by any other way."

"You will have the responsibility of receiving the Melchizedek priesthood, and with this priesthood you will recognize that the power of the priesthood is really the power to bless others. You will have the privilege of blessing others because you will hold this priesthood, and you will see under your hands things occur that are remarkable. You will enjoy the development and the use of your priesthood. If you are wise you will make this a habit of your life. In doing this you will become an example to others, and you will be happy (when, oh, when? :D ), but you will be able to enjoy your life to the full."

"...Enjoy these opportunities and magnify them and put them into practice: Learn to understand the gospel and its laws and to teach it. There will be those who will listen to your voice because you teach with clarity and understanding...recognize the strength and power of the principles of the gospel, and you will teach them with clarity and understanding for those who hear."

I have always loved teaching, especially teaching by the Spirit. Many times I have taken for granted and been ungrateful for what God has given me because I have been so focused on my pain and suffering.

It is interesting to reread this with different eyes and consider the implications.

The most interesting thing about my blessing is that it does not reveal my lineage. No mention of it anywhere.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

https://skybrary.aero/articles/secondar ... -radar-ssr
Another phenomenon that may produce false indication is FRUIT (False Replies Unsynchronised In Time or False Replies Unsynchronised to Interrogator Transmissions).
Funny you mention FRUIT as that is what my current studies include. Also the maximum radiated power normally allowed is 57db above 1 milliwatt. The pulse spacing for Mode 3/A is 8 micro seconds.

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

Valo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:41 am
The Wicker Man wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:21 pm
Valo wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:00 pm There is me and then there is the Spirit of the Father in side of me. The portion of the Spirit of the Father I have may not be as great as the portion of the Spirit someone else has. Someone might have a greater portion. Then there is one who is the Captain. The Davidic Servant is the Captain of all the smaller portions of the Spirit. The Head of the Body of Christ. There is but One Head or Captain.

But just like I am me and I have a portion of the Spirit, the same is true with the DS. They are a human as other humans are and are separate from the Father or the Spirit. The human Father has chosen as the vessel He will indwell as the Head or to be the Captain does not have to go along. Father can choose another vessel if needed.

We choose to work in a symbiotic relationship, as Michael Sherwin puts it, with the Father. As we choose this then we begin to develop, through the portion of the Father loaned to us, we can produce out own fruit. If we nourish the Spirit and do what the Spirit says we obey Father-God commandments and the Spirit of the Father is enlarged in us.

It's a role and it's an individual. The Father has worked with/indwelt many humans over the Eons of time to bring to pass His purposes and in each case it's a combination of man striving with the Father.

If we are willing to strive with the Father here in this Hell, no matter how small a portion we have, if we strive to obey that portion, then Father will magnify what we have beyond measure. He will strive with us in Eternity.

I think that you said it better than I did! :D
The Spirit wants me to share this...

I received my patriarchal blessing from Jonathan W. Snow on November 27, 1995.

First let me point out interesting links. The date of my blessing incorporates 1957, 57, 19, and the day of the month of MS's birthday. I might have missed something. Also the form the blessing is printed on is form "32016 5/77". None of this I would have even bothered to notice a year ago or so. Interesting if nothing else. :)

But be that as it may, here is an excerpt from my blessing.

"When you are obedient to law and live within the direction the law prompts, you will be happy, and when you are troubled you can know that it is because things which you do are contrary to the will of the Lord." ( I never much liked that line :D )

"It is a great desire of the Lord that you be happy, because in happiness you are useful to guide others and assist others, and bring them to understand which only those who live and receive the Lord's law and understand it are happy."

"It is important that you strive to increase in knowledge. You have come to understand (have I though? :D ) that through the decisions we make daily, we are developing a position in our lives that enables us to be what we choose to be. And when we reach the end of our physical existence on this earth we may well have become the result of the sum of our decisions that we have chosen good, and we can say, "I have done, Lord, the best that I could do with my life. I am happy to present myself."

"You have responsibilities to brothers and sisters in different lands, and these responsibilities are great. You are in a position where you can be an example and where others will recognize your example. You are in a position where you can demonstrate the power of priesthood. You will have the privilege of serving a mission, and you will be able to see the gospel enlighten and enter the lives of people to make them strong and happy (I wonder when? ;) ). The result of the gospel in our lives is to produce happiness that is not reached by any other way."

"You will have the responsibility of receiving the Melchizedek priesthood, and with this priesthood you will recognize that the power of the priesthood is really the power to bless others. You will have the privilege of blessing others because you will hold this priesthood, and you will see under your hands things occur that are remarkable. You will enjoy the development and the use of your priesthood. If you are wise you will make this a habit of your life. In doing this you will become an example to others, and you will be happy (when, oh, when? :D ), but you will be able to enjoy your life to the full."

"...Enjoy these opportunities and magnify them and put them into practice: Learn to understand the gospel and its laws and to teach it. There will be those who will listen to your voice because you teach with clarity and understanding...recognize the strength and power of the principles of the gospel, and you will teach them with clarity and understanding for those who hear."

I have always loved teaching, especially teaching by the Spirit. Many times I have taken for granted and been ungrateful for what God has given me because I have been so focused on my pain and suffering.

It is interesting to reread this with different eyes and consider the implications.

The most interesting thing about my blessing is that it does not reveal my lineage. No mention of it anywhere.
Like the wicker man lyric say.

Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come

Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come

Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come

Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh

If each line represents a year it looks like 2028. I've been saying Woah-oh, oh-oh for years now showing my frustration for it taking so long.

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Re: Was the Fruit Bitter or Sweet? (Discussion)
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 3#p1478323
whaleofatale wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 am I appreciate the insights - with the Watchers looking from a higher vantage point, and that trees are used as symbols for important messages. Thank you.
Another phenomenon that may produce false indication is FRUIT (False Replies Unsynchronised In Time or False Replies Unsynchronised to Interrogator Transmissions).
In 2004, Brother Bednar informed us of the importance of timing. 8-)

Indeed, timing of the first demonstration earthquake is what revealed its connection with Christ, as per March8miracle.org. My patriarchal blessing said to continue my career in electronics and it indeed continues to enhance my understanding of timing in the detection of FRUIT.

— 2028 is when I recently mentioned that I’ll likely retire.

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

BeNotDeceived wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 am Re: Was the Fruit Bitter or Sweet? (Discussion)
whaleofatale wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 am I appreciate the insights - with the Watchers looking from a higher vantage point, and that trees are used as symbols for important messages. Thank you.

Indeed, timing of the first demonstration earthquake is what revealed its connection with Christ, as per March8miracle.org. My patriarchal blessing said to continue my career in electronics and it indeed continues to enhance my understanding of timing in the detection of FRUIT.

I think The Wicker Man song which started off my biggest trek into high strangeness may have a timing clue as well as other neat things. The most repeated lines add up to 28 and the clue may be a year per line. And since it came out in 2,000 it might point to 2028. In 2,000 it says my time will come but it also seems like it is saying it wouldn't be soon because of how many times that line was repeated. Does the finger point to me. Is he going to knock me to my feet. Has my tongue unfrozen when I started teaching. And the rest of the words are they not eerily pointing to the DS. It is difficult to imagine anything to seem more accurate! Especially how things have/are playing out. My Mom died in 2012 and I was led here in 2012 and it says "your time will come" 12 times. And when I arrived here is when I started teaching in earnest. Way to precise to be just coincidence, me thinks!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
He knocks you to your feet and so what are you gonna do?
Your tongue has frozen now you've got something to say
The piper at the gates of dawn is calling you his way
You watch the world exploding every single night
Dancing in the sun a newborn in the light
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
The ferryman wants his money, you ain't going to give it back
He can push his own boat as you set up off the track
Nothing you can contemplate will ever be the same
Every second is a new spark, sets the universe aflame
Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain
The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

The Wicker Man wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:14 am Re: Was the Fruit Bitter or Sweet? (Discussion)

I think The Wicker Man song which started off my biggest trek into high strangeness may have a timing clue as well as other neat things. The most repeated lines add up to 28 and the clue may be a year per line. And since it came out in 2,000 it might point to 2028. In 2,000 it says my time will come but it also seems like it is saying it wouldn't be soon because of how many times that line was repeated. Does the finger point to me. Is he going to knock me to my feet. Has my tongue unfrozen when I started teaching. And the rest of the words are they not eerily pointing to the DS. It is difficult to imagine anything to seem more accurate! Especially how things have/are playing out. My Mom died in 2012 and I was led here in 2012 and it says "your time will come" 12 times. And when I arrived here is when I started teaching in earnest. Way to precise to be just coincidence, me thinks!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
He knocks you to your feet and so what are you gonna do?
Your tongue has frozen now you've got something to say
The piper at the gates of dawn is calling you his way
Say goodbye to gravity and say goodbye to death
Hello to eternity and live for every breath
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
The ferryman wants his money, you ain't going to give it back
He can push his own boat as you set up off the track
Nothing you can contemplate will ever be the same
Every second is a new spark, sets the universe aflame
Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain
The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Your time will come
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Woah-oh, oh-oh
viewtopic.php?p=1270#p1270
Finrock wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:41 pm
High Spy wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:27 pm
juliet wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:48 pm
I think his interpretations that these are rapture watch dates are incorrect... but I have been drawn to watching the story of the stars recently, since the comet in aurigua when the Turkey earthquake hit. When I pray about it, I don't get any answers. But the idea that the timeline is not yet is something I can resonate with.... I have my own ideas but I have had the feeling too that my timeline may be earlier than what Jesus is planning.

Re: EQ: I know people want a Davidic Servant to show up and save the day.
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1364837
BeNotDeceived wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:26 am

Only the seventh seal has opened. It is the first to open.

To see this:

1) Roll up a first paper and place a seal on it.
2) Roll a second paper around the first paper, and seal the bundle.
3) Repeat rolling more papers onto the bundle and sealing each in turn.

Hopefully you can now visualize that the outer most seal is the seventh one placed.

When the seventh seal opened in 2010

the ASHH began, and will end sometime between 2025 and 2040.
There is my latest understanding and attempt to explain why the seventh seal opens first. Having posted it, I now see the 6th seal could open anytime after the seventh seal is opened. Must all seal openings include the appearance of an angel and a trump sounding, as occurred in 2002, and 2020 respectively. :?:
Perhaps ASHH ends 2028.

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

One day I had the thought Sherwin, Sure Wind, Sure Win, and later I linked that to Windscribe.

My "Lifetime" subscription to Windscribe ends in 2028.

Justapiratewasher
NewBee

Post by Justapiratewasher »

Valo wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:06 pm
Justapiratewasher wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:56 pm

Got you. Thank you for explaining.
When I was a child I was very badly abused and mistreated. This abuse defeated who I was and I became someone or something different, for a time. God restores us to our former glory on His timeframe but He will restore us. I happen to be an admin on this site and I can see deleted posts. You make some relevant connections!
Can't remember what I wrote. I see we have had this conversation multiple times.

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

Justapiratewasher wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:32 pm

When I was a child I was very badly abused and mistreated. This abuse defeated who I was and I became someone or something different, for a time. God restores us to our former glory on His timeframe but He will restore us. I happen to be an admin on this site and I can see deleted posts. You make some relevant connections!
Can't remember what I wrote. I see we have had this conversation multiple times.
Perhaps in another life? ;) :)

Finrock
Marshmallow

Post by Finrock »

I still don't understand Lucifer's fall from heaven completely. I don't know who can possibly thwart God's initial plan for this Creation.

All I know or think I know is that an enemy snuck in and corrupted the garden.

LDS say it was a part of God's plan to have the fall. But I have never been able to fully internalize that because it makes God out to be disingenuous and not authentic in a way.

I understand the virtue in creating an environment that seems real, but isn't, in order to teach, learn, or to understand the true nature of a thing. Meaning, I can imagine setting up a simulation that would be undetectable to the participants in order to see who does what. Or who is who? Like, what are you really like?

Finrock
Marshmallow

Post by Finrock »

You had deleted the post so I didn't want to reveal it. You said something about something bad happened when 8. I can log in with Valo and see but don't really feel like it atm. :D

I moved to the United States when I was 8. At the time it was a transition from being sexually abused and emotionally abused to being physically and verbally abused.

8 is a weird age in my life too. Like it's where my next stage started.

Justapiratewasher
NewBee

Finrock wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:06 pm

You had deleted the post so I didn't want to reveal it. You said something about something bad happened when 8. I can log in with Valo and see but don't really feel like it atm. :D

I moved to the United States when I was 8. At the time it was a transition from being sexually abused and emotionally abused to being physically and verbally abused.

Thank you. I don't want to share. I probably will again in time. It is interesting that you still saw the post and it meant something to you. I am sorry that happened to you. I might PM you. Maybe not now though. I'm on here procrastinating. Fighting the urge to sleep. I know if I sleep I'll not get anything done but if I don't sleep I won't be able to get past this overwhelming tiredness.

Justapiratewasher
NewBee

Finrock wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:54 pm I still don't understand Lucifer's fall from heaven completely. I don't know who can possibly thwart God's initial plan for this Creation.

LDS say it was a part of God's plan to have the fall. But I have never been able to fully internalize that because it makes God out to be disingenuous and not authentic in a way.

I understand the virtue in creating an environment that seems real, but isn't, in order to teach, learn, or to understand the true nature of a thing. Meaning, I can imagine setting up a simulation that would be undetectable to the participants in order to see who does what. Or who is who? Like, what are you really like?
I struggle with this too. I don't understand how some churches teach that babies are sinners. I don't understand why humanity is cursed by the choice of Adam and Eve and yet would humanity exist without the choice they made. Maybe it's like children and their parents. My perspective is a little different. I was isolated and very much feared stepping out of line. There was a strong pull to be perfect and to do as expected. Never question anything. Never express my feelings or opinions even if they opposed. To continue like that would be to prevent myself from becoming an adult and person in my own right. At some point you have to take that step and be brave and say, I don't agree. (For me it is extreme so I can see it clearly because it is black and white but most people won't even recognise it). You kind of have to stand up to them (not in a bad way, not mean, but just to become your own person). I wish I could have the words to explain what I mean better. You have to come away from that child and from their rule and their world and step into your own where you gain your own knowledge and experiences in order to move onto the next phase of your life.

I wonder if it is something a bit like that.

Finrock
Marshmallow

Post by Finrock »

Justapiratewasher wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:44 am
Finrock wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:54 pm I still don't understand Lucifer's fall from heaven completely. I don't know who can possibly thwart God's initial plan for this Creation.

I struggle with this too. I don't understand how some churches teach that babies are sinners. I don't understand why humanity is cursed by the choice of Adam and Eve and yet would humanity exist without the choice they made. Maybe it's like children and their parents. My perspective is a little different. I was isolated and very much feared stepping out of line. There was a strong pull to be perfect and to do as expected. Never question anything. Never express my feelings or opinions even if they opposed. To continue like that would be to prevent myself from becoming an adult and person in my own right. At some point you have to take that step and be brave and say, I don't agree. (For me it is extreme so I can see it clearly because it is black and white but most people won't even recognise it). You kind of have to stand up to them (not in a bad way, not mean, but just to become your own person). I wish I could have the words to explain what I mean better. You have to come away from that child and from their rule and their world and step into your own where you gain your own knowledge and experiences in order to move onto the next phase of your life.

I wonder if it is something a bit like that.
You know, it's possible that every story or interpretation we've heard about God and all of that is wrong, yet, the "story" over all is true.

I've been thinking this because I don't think it is necessarily about God being this great grandfather, who is all serious, and when you are in His presence, like you have to walk on egg shells, or you have to make sure you don't snicker or laugh because God might get His feelings hurt because He is insecure. I think that is a pathological construction created by someone who wants to be venerated, worshipped, because otherwise they aren't sure about themselves, if they aren't adored. It's also someone who doesn't have their passions under control.

To me the Father, the Spirit, is secure. The Spirit of Christ or the Spirit of the Father is a Spirit that encapsulates a mix of attributes that are really just one, but we have to break it down in to components.

The Spirit of the Father is: Kind and gentle because they are not afraid to be vulnerable. It is humble, meaning, it recognizes all the virtues.
“It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others, the other elements and the other nations will help you become whole. Perfection and power are over rated."
It is also strength and power but not just that. The strength comes from His ability to feel love because His heart is free to see and to embrace all good and beautiful things, in all their variety and in all it's diversity.

Confidence comes from accepting yourself as you are. The false religion teaches us we must comform to arbitrary rules or guides, developed by others. The stone mason with his compass and square takes nature and makes it "good" but first, it assumes there was a problem and even if there was, for what purpose is the thing being shaped? Is it for the good of the creature or for the selfish desires of the creator?

As a good parent I want my children (I have 6, btw) to be good people but it has to be a collaboration with them. Even if I know what I think is good, nonetheless I have to respect their point of view while keeping them safe, of course. I have to learn to adjust my vision and expectations to what they are seeing, feeling, or experiencing. And so we don't trample on our kids unique world view or beat them in to seeing the world our way. We know that is wrong and it would be wrong for God too, given His power dynamics, and how naive, ignorant, and foolish we are in comparison to God, The Good must respect that and take that into account. Otherwise it isn't Good.

Finrock
Marshmallow

Post by Finrock »

Justapiratewasher wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:37 am
Finrock wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:06 pm

Thank you. I don't want to share. I probably will again in time. It is interesting that you still saw the post and it meant something to you. I am sorry that happened to you. I might PM you. Maybe not now though. I'm on here procrastinating. Fighting the urge to sleep. I know if I sleep I'll not get anything done but if I don't sleep I won't be able to get past this overwhelming tiredness.
I appreciate you saying you are sorry that the abusive things happened to me. It is very sad when you think about it and I have spent a lot of time thinking about it in the past. I've also written a lot about it too, as I've processed it over time. Much of it very publicly. So I won't go any further about that here other than to say that I only bring it up because I felt like it was relevant and it is also my way of trying to help anyone else who is at whatever stage of their healing journey or maybe they haven't even started. If me being open about it can help someone then I'm happy.

I know that I repressed my abuse for a long time and then I was in denial and I just kept keeping everything pushed down and that's not good. People can go to some really bad places when they repress or are afraid to confront reality.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

The Wicker Man wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 am
Woah-oh, oh-oh
Re: THE KEY
https://discussmormonism.com/viewtopic. ... 532#p27532
Shulem wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:13 am Now the fun begins.

Let’s get right to it and start with ADAM! How old was Adam when he was ordained to the priesthood? You’ll note in Section 107 that Smith provides a revelation stating the age of each patriarch when they were ordained; only Adam’s is not given. Whether that was an omission on Smith’s part due to oversight or intentional, I can’t say. But the 1835 revelations LATER given in D&C 107 could have well contained that bit of information that was added to the original manuscript, but it was not given as an additional revelation. Smith didn’t have that bit of information transferred to the appropriate source in which it would be printed, nonetheless, it’s on the original manuscript in cryptic form having been penciled in after the fact. The proprietors of the Joseph Smith Papers make no mention or annotation for the lined-out numbers, “930” being changed to “1000”! The manuscript is available at the Joseph Smith Papers website and is entitled, “Old Testament Revision 1” which contains the 1831 transcript of the Book of Moses. The following VERY SPECIFIC portion is taken from the account (available in the link above) and is in the handwriting of John Whitmer, located about halfway down the page to the right:

Old Testament Revision 1 wrote:all the days that Adam lived were 930 1000 years & he died

So what is the “1000” and who penciled it in after the fact? I will tell you the mystery and give you the KEY. Joseph Smith later took up the manuscript and made that annotation as a MARKER for himself in determining the age of Adam when he was ordained for his 1835 revelation given in D&C 107. This is consistent with other MARKERS in the manuscript and I will explain all that, so don’t worry. You’re going to get all that information and more!

:)

So what is the “1000”? Well, as it turned out, Joseph Smith elected to not use it as he did other MARKERS. But had he done so, this is what it meant:

Adam lived to age 930
Adam's MARKER is 1000

1000 - 930 = 70

There you have it, Adam was 70 years old when he was ordained. Yes, you heard right: 70! And everyone in the Church knows that 70 is a very special number. But, Smith decided not to employ it in his 1835 revelation.

Hold on to you seats, my friends. This ride is about to take off! You better hold on. Buckle up!
Someone else saying to “Buckle up” and stuff about being 70 years old being common knowledge.

70’s are put out to pasture at age 70, is there more to age 70 than that?