I bought a bicycle

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Re: I bought a bicycle

Post by The Wicker Man »

04/24/24 3.63 mi 11.4 mpg
Halfway into my ride it started raining. I think the Spirit did help me yesterday because after a 16 mile ride in grueling conditions with strong headwinds at times my legs should have been (cooked) lasagna noodles today. Instead my average speed was in the 11's for the first time ever. Now if only the Spirit could help me win the Tour De France! (wait a second: What's that Spirit? Your going back on vacation?)

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

The weather has ben terrible lately, cold, windy, rain, snow, sleet and hail. At least I got to ride my bike for a little while today before the clouds moved in and the wind picked up.

05/04/24 4.19 mi 11.4 mph

I was averaging 12.2 mph but had to fight a strong headwind on the way back.

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

The Wicker Man wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:38 pm The weather has ben terrible lately, cold, windy, rain, snow, sleet and hail. At least I got to ride my bike for a little while today before the clouds moved in and the wind picked up.

05/04/24 4.19 mi 11.4 mph

I was averaging 12.2 mph but had to fight a strong headwind on the way back.
I still need to share my weight loss story but part of my success was "baby steps".

When you go from nothing to something, even small steps matter. It's the consistency that is the key. Many baby steps turn in to big steps, and so on. And it helps so you don't feel defeated.

Consistent, regular, baby steps. And sometimes you have to start with infant baby steps before you get to regular baby steps.

Don't give up! :)

PS Having an 8 year old who wants you to play with them at the park helps too. I'm 48 years old running around at the playground with my kid like an idiot but it keeps me young. :D