I bought a bicycle

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

I bought a bicycle

Post by The Wicker Man »

This spring I bought a Schwinn GTX Elite. I really have liked all the Schwinn's I have ever owned. My first ride I was totally winded after one block. Today I rode 10 miles! By the end of August I hope to do 20 miles and 50 by the end of September. Wish me luck.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

The Wicker Man wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:35 am This spring I bought a Schwinn GTX Elite. I really have liked all the Schwinn's I have ever owned. My first ride I was totally winded after one block. Today I rode 10 miles! By the end of August I hope to do 20 miles and 50 by the end of September. Wish me luck.
That's awesome. :!:

Bike riding was a favorite activity of mine when I resided at the fort on 1st ave is slc.

Just north of the place was Gravity Hill ...

Silver Pie
NewBee

Post by Silver Pie »

The Wicker Man wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:35 am This spring I bought a Schwinn GTX Elite. I really have liked all the Schwinn's I have ever owned. My first ride I was totally winded after one block. Today I rode 10 miles! By the end of August I hope to do 20 miles and 50 by the end of September. Wish me luck.
That's awesome!

Silver Pie
NewBee

Post by Silver Pie »

High Spy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:35 pm Bike riding was a favorite activity of mine when I resided at the fort on 1st ave is slc.

I know that area, but it probably doesn't look like it did when I was a teenager, half a century ago.

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:10 am
High Spy wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:35 pm Bike riding was a favorite activity of mine when I resided at the fort on 1st ave is slc.

I know that area, but it probably doesn't look like it did when I was a teenager, half a century ago.

In 1980, the first March8miracle happened in the classroom on 2L in the COB.

I often played that song on my portable 8 Track player while I buffed floors on the upper levels.

Some Saturdays I'd ride my bike from Bountiful up Victory Hill then quickly fly down into the belly of the beast.

In 1995 my patent listed #13, near the time when me PB was given on ETB's bday.

My big BIL Howard Green really had fun riding up Memory Grove the City Creek Canyon.

It was great fun, then the golden one appeared and we departed for Hawaii.

Next came HGM and The Magic Ornament Company.

Then Tophat Sudoku, Botchee, Flipping Dice, followed by Slog Frog.

Now the purple circle propels GPADA to new heights.
March 8 and 18 made me do it. 8-)

Capisci. :?:

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

Just got back from a 21 mile round trip. There was a ~7 mile stretch where it was all uphill on route 89 headed south into Afton. Lucky for me coming out of Grover I found an auto repair place with a pepsi machine and I got a Mountain Dew just like I used to do when I was 16, 50 years ago. I checked with Amazon to see when my new bike was delivered. It was delivered July 11th. The first couple of weeks I started off slow going only a couple of miles or less. It was only after my 66th birthday on July 27th that I started easily increasing my distance. It is almost like Micah 5:4 is in progress. Who knows, by next September (not this one) I might win the LOTOJA (Logan to Jackson) bike race! :D Although I doubt that is what God has in mind to cover, "for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth". But if a 67yo did win the LOTOJA bike race that would do it. lol

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

The Wicker Man wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:36 pm Just got back from a 21 mile round trip. There was a ~7 mile stretch where it was all uphill on route 89 headed south into Afton. Lucky for me coming out of Grover I found an auto repair place with a pepsi machine and I got a Mountain Dew just like I used to do when I was 16, 50 years ago. I checked with Amazon to see when my new bike was delivered. It was delivered July 11th. The first couple of weeks I started off slow going only a couple of miles or less. It was only after my 66th birthday on July 27th that I started easily increasing my distance. It is almost like Micah 5:4 is in progress. Who knows, by next September (not this one) I might win the LOTOJA (Logan to Jackson) bike race! :D Although I doubt that is what God has in mind to cover, "for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth". But if a 67yo did win the LOTOJA bike race that would do it. lol
Highway 89 is State Street in SLC, and parts south. HI is the 8th and 9th letters. 1989 marked my third March 8 encounter. Rocket Girl met Rocket Man reminds me of that; it's proximity to ground zero was most explosive. ❗️

Dr. Destiny's destiny now tends toward GPADA, but not .net or .com, in multiple ways. 711 is my first initial paired with the golden ones. It reminds me of my FF post about 3490. Said zero was on 7/27 IIRC. Tomorrow may be interesting as things hopefully turn north.

Silver Pie
NewBee

Post by Silver Pie »

The Wicker Man wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:36 pmI checked with Amazon to see when my new bike was delivered. It was delivered July 11th.
My best friend when I was a teenager was born on July 11th - so was one of my grandmothers.

It was only after my 66th birthday on July 27th that I started easily increasing my distance.
I also turned 66 last month. Interesting world.

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver Pie wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:58 am
The Wicker Man wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:36 pmI checked with Amazon to see when my new bike was delivered. It was delivered July 11th.
My best friend when I was a teenager was born on July 11th - so was one of my grandmothers.
G is me, and K is my golden gumba. 7-11 was the site of my 3490 story I posted on the facist forum.

July 10th is our wedding anniversary aka the Sabbath of Sabbaths.

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

There is always an interesting coincidence around every corner! My next biking attempt will be forty miles. In the meantime I've been doing deep knee bends. I am up to 70 of them. Took the last few days off to let my legs build up. Tonight I will try 80 and if I can I will keep going to 100. My goal is 100 DNB twice a day. Yesterday I did ride east to pavement's end which is all uphill and ends at the mountains. It was easier by far than ever before! I'm not ready to tackle the mountain paths, yet. :D

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

Okay, I'm a huffing and a puffing and some little piggies are getting really scared. I could of made a hundred DNB but I stopped at 80 because I realized that I forgot to take my blood pressure medicine. I usually take it one hour before doing my DNB.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

The Wicker Man wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:04 am There is always an interesting coincidence around every corner! My next biking attempt will be forty miles. In the meantime I've been doing deep knee bends. I am up to 70 of them. Took the last few days off to let my legs build up. Tonight I will try 80 and if I can I will keep going to 100. My goal is 100 DNB twice a day. Yesterday I did ride east to pavement's end which is all uphill and ends at the mountains. It was easier by far than ever before! I'm not ready to tackle the mountain paths, yet. :D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXBT3YD?sm ... 6MSXX6N4IQ

Strong Bear begins today or tomorrow. 🐸

I bend spring in unison with DNB or Atomic Sit-up.

My current spring is 20 KG and my 30 KG model is on the way.

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

High Spy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:35 am
The Wicker Man wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:04 am There is always an interesting coincidence around every corner! My next biking attempt will be forty miles. In the meantime I've been doing deep knee bends. I am up to 70 of them. Took the last few days off to let my legs build up. Tonight I will try 80 and if I can I will keep going to 100. My goal is 100 DNB twice a day. Yesterday I did ride east to pavement's end which is all uphill and ends at the mountains. It was easier by far than ever before! I'm not ready to tackle the mountain paths, yet. :D

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXBT3YD?sm ... 6MSXX6N4IQ

Strong Bear begins today or tomorrow. 🐸

I bend spring in unison with DNB or Atomic Sit-up.

My current spring is 20 KG and my 30 KG model is on the way.
8-)

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

Today I used my new bike computer. It works by gps. It can report 166 different stats. I know that is hard to believe. I also have an armband heart monitor to work with it but it was not charged yet. On the screen I had it set so it shows the speed, the average speed, the max speed and the distance traveled. All I really need is speed, average speed and distance to track whether or not i'm improving.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

The Wicker Man wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:11 pm Today I used my new bike computer. It works by gps. It can report 166 different stats. I know that is hard to believe. I also have an armband heart monitor to work with it but it was not charged yet. On the screen I had it set so it shows the speed, the average speed, the max speed and the distance traveled. All I really need is speed, average speed and distance to track whether or not i'm improving.

Courtesy of Radio Free Palmer. Strong Bear hath begun, but two weeks to build levels after a knife to the side.

Silver Pie
NewBee

Post by Silver Pie »

The Wicker Man wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:11 pm Today I used my new bike computer. It works by gps. It can report 166 different stats. I know that is hard to believe. I also have an armband heart monitor to work with it but it was not charged yet. On the screen I had it set so it shows the speed, the average speed, the max speed and the distance traveled. All I really need is speed, average speed and distance to track whether or not i'm improving.
That's cool! 😎

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

Silver Pie wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:57 pm
That's cool! 😎
Strong Bear hath begun. ❗️

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Changed weekday alarm from 0538 to 0757 am 🕰️

Radio Free Palmer, but not Francesca Parker. :mrgreen:

The Wicker Man
Marshmallow

Post by The Wicker Man »

Bike riding season is over for this year. I never topped my 21 mile effort. But that took me about 3.5 hours to complete. My last jaunt of the season was only 19.2 miles. However, it only took me 02:22:48 to complete. So the intensity was much greater. And that is more important than mileage. Traveling south is 95% uphill for miles and miles. I have no idea how far south I'd have to travel for that to change. Although next summer I plan to find out. Traveling mostly uphill for the first half of the ride has its benefits as when one feels that they can go no farther they just turn around and coast home. On the other hand traveling mostly downhill for the first half can become a huge problem on the return half. Also I found out that my new bike is inherently slow. The fastest I've been able to go is 28 miles an hour and that was slightly downhill. On a good bike one should be able to exceed 35 miles an hour on the flats for at least a couple of minutes before falling back to a maintainable 25 mph. The pro's can even exceed 40 mph on the flats and maintain over 30mph average for more than 3 hours. But they do it on $12,000.00 bikes. For next season I have on order a Trek Domane AL 5 gen 4. It is considered only an entry level road race bike. Yet even though it is only entry level it is still $1999.00. But to get an acceptable level of performance the stock tires have to be swapped out for good race tires. Cyclist that have done that say that it transforms the bike into something really fast. As for deep knee bends to build up leg strength I have scrapped that idea because at my age it is too hard on the knees. Instead I have invented stand ups. I sit on the edge of my bed and stand up. lol. It works the legs in a range of motion much like when pedaling on a bike. Except I'm lifting most of my body weight with each stand up. Last night I was able to do 200 stand ups. My legs could have done more but my lower back was struggling a bit to keep going. My goal is to do 1,000 stand ups at one time before May 1st. The beginning of the next riding season should be very interesting. Not only will my leg strength be much greater my weight will be much less. So far I have lost 15 lbs. Only 55 lbs more to lose before May 1st. I will do it. I will not be defeated! :)