Did the church dwindle on the vine?

Moderator: Juniper

CQ
Site Admin

Did the church dwindle on the vine?

Post by CQ »

Joseph, Rigdon, Pratt, and Whitmer plus a bunch of others including one or two of my lineage were legit. Martin Harris was the king maker/financier. As per the Pious Fraud model advocated by Dan Vogel.

What do you think of that analogy. :?:

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

CQ wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:37 am Joseph, Rigdon, Pratt, and Whitmer plus a bunch of others including one or two of my lineage were legit. Martin Harris was the king maker/financier. As per the Pious Fraud model advocated by Dan Vogel.

Harris the corrupted?

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Valo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:05 am
CQ wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:37 am Joseph, Rigdon, Pratt, and Whitmer plus a bunch of others including one or two of my lineage were legit. Martin Harris was the king maker/financier. As per the Pious Fraud model advocated by Dan Vogel.

Harris the corrupted?

Corrupted how?

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

BeNotDeceived wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:48 am

Harris the corrupted?

Corrupted how?
The Corrupter?

I wad asking. Are you saying Martin Harris is the corrupter of the legit?

CQ
Site Admin

Post by CQ »

Harris mostly seems legit, except his story about seeing the Angel Moroni, and the plates are questionable too. Folklore was weird in those days.

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Harris the corrupted?

Martin was the main financer that paid to get the manuscript published. Sidney Rigdon was the originator as per The Spirit via TWM, iirc. I listened to the first hour and don’t recall Harris being mentioned in the video below.

Streamed live 2 hours ago Mormonism LIVE
Examining The Rigdon - Spalding Theory [Mormonism LIVE: 165]

In "Examining The Rigdon Spalding Theory," hosts Bill Reel and RFM embark on a journey beyond the familiar narrative of golden plates and angels. Delving into the Rigdon Spalding theory, they navigate the murky waters of historical documents and eyewitness accounts to present a compelling case for its consideration. By carefully laying out the best evidence, the hosts encourage listeners to critically engage with the possibility that the Book of Mormon may have origins rooted in Rigdon and Spalding's collaboration. Join them on a quest for understanding that challenges established narratives and prompts a reevaluation of Mormon history.

Chapters
00:00 Welcome & Intro
06:00 Quick Synopsis
11:00 Lines of Evidence
13:40 1: Rigdon in Pittsburg
01:07:00 2: Rigdon in possession of Spalding’s Manuscript
01:19:00 3. Rigdon & Smith met before 1831
1:58:00 Callers

For next time:
4. Significant Overlap between manuscripts
5. Rigdon’s credibility issues explained

Welcome to "Mormonism Live," the ultimate talk show that delves into the messiness of Mormon history and theology while also tackling current events with a live call-in section at the end of every episode. Hosted by two trusted voices in the Mormon community, Radio Free Mormon (RFM) and Bill Reel, this podcast has been taking on the tough issues and exploring the nuances of the LDS faith for years.

📜Sign up for our (mostly) quarterly newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hrnr4P
Greater Pittsburgh, but not Automobile Dealers Auction. :mrgreen:
March 8 and 18 made me do it. 8-)

Capisci. :?:

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

The spokesman, who is the spokesman, is there only one?

Fascinating discussion about supposed restoration of the Melchizedek Priesthood.

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Re: manuscript through the veil
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 7#p1462637
kirtland r.m. wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:21 pm
Oh how many times have I posted death bead information and other family quotes from the Rigdons showing you are deceived. Troll.

Perhaps you’ll discover what The Spirit of Truth told Michael Sherwin, which are regularly confirmed in videos, such as the one above that show Sidney Rigdon receiving letters at the Pittsburgh Post Office at particular times that counters the official narrative.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

Re: Science is wrong sometimes, therefore anything is possible
https://discussmormonism.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p2855237

Gadianton wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:56 pm The funny thing is, of all the time science has been wrong, it's been wrong by the discovery of scientists. Likewise, when religion has been wrong, it's scientists who have done the correcting.

Scientists correct science, and scientists correct religions. Religion corrects nobody.
The Spirit Spoke Stuff about Sidney Rigdon.

Some confirmation was found: viewtopic.php?p=2442&hilit=Rigdon+Pittsburg#p2442

Recently RFM and Bill ReeL eludicated more: viewtopic.php?p=2590&hilit=1831#p2590

The deception continues to crumble. 8-)

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Re: Peer reviewed: Covid shots greatest public health disaster in history
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1463119
Thinker wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:39 pm
A Disciple wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:41 pm They are about to be smacked in the face with a two by four as public mood on the jabs and Covid response is changing. I think the best conference talk any of the Q15 can give in 2024 is "Dear members, don't be like us. Don't follow the uneducated and corrupt opinion of the crowd."
They “don’t issue apologies.”
They and those who follow them seem to be narcissistic or easily fooled and like narcissists - who live in their fantasy world where they never make mistakes & it’s always someone else’s fault.

If they were to miraculously admit being mistaken, I imagine many immature members would leave the church based on a false dichotomy church leaders implanted. Eg. “The church is EITHER true OR not.” This is who so many go straight to atheism after leaving the church. Stuck in bipolar/polarized thinking.
The following better elucidates the few kernels of truth in a haystack of deception.

Re: Science is wrong sometimes, therefore anything is possible
https://discussmormonism.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p2855237

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rigdon Spaulding Theory Final Analysis

With Dan Vogel and Bryce Blakenagel.

Live in 9 hours at 1620.

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

I guess the moral of the story is...

Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will...

For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

John 6:44
No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

2 Tim.
Who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,

Valo
Marshmallow

Post by Valo »

Romans 7:18

After all, the Law itself is really concerned with the spiritual—it is I who am carnal, and have sold my soul to sin. In practice, what happens? My own behaviour baffles me. For I find myself not doing what I really want to do but doing what I really loathe. Yet surely if I do things that I really don’t want to do, I am admitting that I really agree with the Law. But it cannot be said that “I” am doing them at all—it must be sin that has made its home in my nature. (And indeed, I know from experience that the carnal side of my being can scarcely be called the home of good!) I often find that I have the will to do good, but not the power. That is, I don’t accomplish the good I set out to do, and the evil I don’t really want to do I find I am always doing. Yet if I do things that I don’t really want to do then it is not, I repeat, “I” who do them, but the sin which has made its home within me.

KJV21
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) dwelleth no good thing; for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good, I find not.