DMRe: Question for LDS History Buffs

High Spy
Marshmallow

DMRe: Question for LDS History Buffs

Post by High Spy »

Re: Question for LDS History Buffs
https://discussmormonism.com/viewtopic. ... 0#p2837340
High Spy wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:45 am The Pious Fraud theory fits well the actual situation of having a true Book of Mormon. Sidney Rigdon acquired the transcript and Parley P. Pratt brought it to The Prophet Joseph Smith who fabricated many fables to get it published. One of which, was that Moroni was a visiting angel. Fortunately the Davidic Servant cooperated with The Spirit and a 5.7 magnitude earthquake landed said supposed angel’s instrument. It struck on March (C) 18th (R) at 9 (I) minutes after the hour. Those are the first three letters of keyword CRIST. Further light and knowledge is available via diligent searching of said keyword and/or March 8 Miracle.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

Re: The Spalding Theory again.
https://discussmormonism.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p2849917
Kishkumen wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:31 pm
Res Ipsa wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:48 pm It's not really a "paper." It's an article from the Dartmouth Review, which is the student newspaper of Dartmouth. It provides a good summary of the theory, but doesn't really conclude anything other than "It would be cool if Rigdon wrote the Book of Mormon while he was a Dartmouth student."
Randy Bell has done a lot more interesting work on Dartmouth and Mormonism.
Spy will reply there soon.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

Re: We’ve been dealt a mixed bag of truth and lies
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 1#p1259881
Michael Sherwin wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:20 pm Everything. Unfortunately. Joseph Smith's grandfather Asael started a church in New England called a Universalist Society that lasted only a couple of years. The core belief of a Universalist Society is that everyone is saved, eventually. The Smith family was indoctrinated from birth with that belief. After the Asael (God has created) church failed Asael stated that Alvin Smith would found a church that would not fail. Then Alvin died prematurely. It was only after Alvin's death that Joseph became determined to start a church. This means that before the angelic visitation in Joseph's bedroom the goal to start a church was in progress. In the Joseph Smith Papers there is more than one version of the visitation. It was first the angel Nephi that visited Joseph. However iirc there was a problem with it being Nephi and therefore the angel's name was changed to Moroni. Then there is the reality of there being at least four different versions of the first vision. The earliest version in Joseph Smith's own handwriting that has every major point different than the canonized version of the church.

This brings up several problems. When did JS decide to start a church? Was it only after the visitation, first vision and coming forth of the BoM or was it already planned starting with Asael Smith long before anything else had occurred? Since JS was raised a Universalist and back then all other churches were Calvinist then JS already believed that all other churches were wrong.

And then there are problems with the baptism story. Joseph's mother wrote something to the effect that it was just two boys splashing each other in the river. And there is hard evidence in the PPP autobiography that PPP himself was concerned with the keys of the kingdom, priesthood authority and from which they came down to his day. But that was long after the baptizing in the river. When church leaders first heard of the other personages at the baptism and how the keys and priesthood were passed to JS at that time they wrote that they had never heard of that before then. So that is just another story that morphed to fit the new circumstances. The BoM, the most correct book ever, has had doctrinal changes made to it as the doctrine changed in the early church. And David Whitmer testified in his book that JS and OC would sit for hours making up prediction after prediction and only keeping the ones that worked that were later put in the D&C.

So to answer your question, EVERYTHING. Sad but not false.

START OF RANT
The truth is that PPP had a sales/trade route that he traveled every year that went from around Palmyra NY to Sandusky OH. It is reported and testified to that Sidney Rigdon had a manuscript that he had copied from a manuscript that he had borrowed from a printer in Pittsburg. That manuscript supposedly was written by Solomon Spalding. There is testimony that Spalding's manuscript was the BoM without the theology. It is reported and testified to that Rigdon added text to his copy during sessions where he practised automatic writing.

Now without knowing any of this the Spirit told me, "that man is the source of the theology in the BoM". And that was during an LDS movie at the time that the Sidney Rigdon character first appeared on screen. I also did not know at that time about PPP and his wagon route between Palmyra and Sandusky. In the bishop's office when the bishop shared a quote by PPP the Spirit told me that PPP was the angel that brought the plates took them away and brought them back a year later. So it can be deduced that the 116 pages was really the complete manuscript that Martin Harris gave to his wife to read. And she traded it back to PPP on his way out of the area.

So first the Spirit tells me these things and later I find the verification. How can this be unless one thinks I'm lying and making it up after the fact? PPP's own autobiography proves that there was the connection SR->PPP->JS. And it was only after I first shared here what the Spirit told me that I stumbled upon the PPP autobiography that proves the connection. JS and OC sit around on many different occasions making prediction after prediction and later discarding all the obvious failed ones and they are praised as a prophet and a seer. I make a few that do come true including two earthquakes announced ahead of time that happened shortly after and I'm villainized. Joseph Smith's stories constantly changed over the years to fit the current narrative. My story never changes only added to because I'm still alive. After I shared my story here about how I was led to look for a DDG-57 and discovered the USS Mitscher (Mi__ch__ / ___S_her) did I discover the sign on 7/27/1957 of the man child's birth. It was only after that I discovered that there was a Mount Michael at 57 south latitude. It was only after that I discovered that 7/27 was the 208th day of the year and 208/365 = 0.5698630136986301 or rounded to two decimals 0.57. So my birthdate can be written 1957.57. Or discovering the Euler Mascheroni constant 0.577 containing the letters Mich and Sher (although not in perfect order this time) and the constant being nicknamed the Euler-Macaroni constant coincidental to BND saying that Moroni's trumpet was made of macaroni in relation to the 5.7 earthquake. And the number people say the 0.577 number is everywhere in science and nature and is a number that just knows things. All of this and much more has occurred since I posted my original story. So forgive my rant that you have read many times already but I will put my story up against Joseph Smith's story any day of the week and twice on Sundays! And after the Spirit told me where the BoM land was and I found a mountain of evidence that more than proves it, almost all still believe it is in the Americas because Joseph Smith said so. I don't know exactly when the LDS rude awakening is coming but it is coming.
END OF RANT
RANT Continues :lol:
Michael Sherwin wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:48 pm After making the previous post the Spirit out of the blue had me google 5757 Middletown road New Middletown Ohio. First some background. When the number 57 coincidences first started happening that was one of them. My stepdad was taking fall leaves from a giant oak to his old homestead property to dispose of. I never went with him before on this job because there is nothing hard about dumping leaves. But for some reason I was prompted to go with him this time. On the way we were traveling down Middletown road when I saw a sign of a white stallion reared up on its hind legs. There was a mailbox under the sign. The address on the mailbox was 5757. Just another 57 when I was being inundated by 57s. So why would the Spirit single that out today, this one, from hundreds of others after almost 22 years for me to google? I couldn't imagine why. But I googled it anyway because when I'm prompted by the Spirit to look there is always something to find. What I found was across the street. There is a business "4 life productions" and "Zion Lutheran Cemetery. Okay so in that one spot is the white horse and 4 life [of] Zion and of course 5757. And you have seen this happen in real time as a demonstration from the Spirit. And no I did not remember the cemetery and the business is obviously a new business with a picture of all young people.
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/search.php? ... ic+writing will find more posts in sub-forum fifty-seven, which isn’t publicly viewable.

night0WL
NewBee

Post by night0WL »

https://www.analyzingmormonism.com/the-witnesses wrote:
Prophecy of Witnesses in The Book of Mormon

Ether 5:3-4 And unto three shall they be shown by the power of God; wherefore they shall know of a surety that these things are true. And in the mouth of three witnesses shall these things be established; and the testimony of three, and this work, in the which shall be shown forth the power of God and also his word, of which the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost bear record—and all this shall stand as a testimony against the world at the last day.

2 Nephi 11:3 And my brother, Jacob, also has seen him as I have seen him; wherefore, I will send their words forth unto my children to prove unto them that my words are true. Wherefore, by the words of three, God hath said, I will establish my word. Nevertheless, God sendeth more witnesses, and he proveth all his words.

2 Nephi 27: 12-14 Wherefore, at that day when the book shall be delivered unto the man of whom I have spoken, the book shall be hid from the eyes of the world, that the eyes of none shall behold it save it be that three witnesses shall behold it, by the power of God, besides him to whom the book shall be delivered; and they shall testify to the truth of the book and the things therein. And there is none other which shall view it, save it be a few according to the will of God, to bear testimony of his word unto the children of men; for the Lord God hath said that the words of the faithful should speak as if it were from the dead. Wherefore, the Lord God will proceed to bring forth the words of the book; and in the mouth of as many witnesses as seemeth him good will he establish his word; and wo be unto him that rejecteth the word of God!

2 Nephi 27:22 Wherefore, when thou hast read the words which I have commanded thee, and obtained the witnesses which I have promised unto thee, then shalt thou seal up the book again, and hide it up unto me, that I may preserve the words which thou hast not read, until I shall see fit in mine own wisdom to reveal all things unto the children of men.