A Time where God was Angry

Moderator: Juniper

juliet
Marshmallow

A Time where God was Angry

Post by juliet »

When in the scriptures did God get angry with His children?

Genesis 38: 9
Then Judah said to Onan, “Sleep with your brother’s wife. Perform your duty as her brother-in-law and raise up offspring for your brother.” 9But Onan knew that the offspring would not belong to him; so whenever he would sleep with his brother’s wife, he would spill his seed on the ground so that he would not produce offspring for his brother. 10 What he did was wicked in the sight of the LORD, so He put Onan to death as well.…

God was angry with Onan because
no.1 his behavior didn't show mercy for his brother who was dead
no. 2 his behavior was preventing the birth of offspring

It's been on my mind lately, that the law of Creation is the highest law of the Kingdom of God.

God showed mercy to the woman in adultery. He showed mercy to the woman at the well, who had had 5 husbands and was living in adultery.

God did not show mercy to the man who withheld his seed.

In this case, when we withhold ourselves from having offspring when we otherwise could; God holds that man accountable to the highest degree.

It seems most everything else God can forgive. God even forgave people like Saul in the New Testament, and Moses in the Old Testament, who had committed murder. God had mercy when King David wanted multiple wives. King David and King Solomon had many children.

We are put on this earth and given a command to multiply and replenish the earth. When we do this in a way that kind of breaks the rules... God is merciful about it. When we don't do it fully right, God can bring to pass righteousness through our offspring.

But when we stop showing mercy to our brothers and sisters, the same way Onan had a brother who was dead and didn't care to help his brother have seed on the earth, that brought the wrath of God.

I think, God loves us all so much and the only thing He asks of us is for us to love each other. Jesus did the Father's will which was to make a way for the lost to come back to heaven. I am sure if it was up to the Son alone, he would have not rescued us. Because it was so hard. But Jesus did it because He knew it was the Father's will. He knew the Father's love for him was also there for each of us. And Jesus honored the love of the Father for his lost brothers and sisters.

High Spy
Marshmallow

Post by High Spy »

juliet wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:14 pm
It's been on my mind lately, that the law of Creation is the highest law of the Kingdom of God.

God showed mercy to the woman in adultery. He showed mercy to the woman at the well …
Re: Intro. to the Davidic Servant Part 1
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1248999
BeNotDeceived wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:08 am
DJB wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:32 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:23 pm
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng

There’s something someone said before 2010 that most would say is self evident. DAB said a peculiar thing thee times. Up down strange or charmed.

And your opinion is based on ?
“The Savior said, when those tribulations should take place, it should be committed to a man, who should be a witness over the whole world, the keys of knowledge, power, and revelations, should be revealed to a witness who should hold the testimony to the world.
The Scripture is ready to be fulfilled when great wars, famines, pestilence, judgments &c are ready to be poured out on the Inhabitants of the Earth— John saw the angel having the priesthood who should preach the everlasting gospel to all nations. God had an angel, a special messenger-ordained, & prepared for the that purpose in the last days. Woe! Woe! be to that man, or set of men, who lift up their hands against God and his Witness in these last days: for they shall deceive almost the very chosen ones.” Joseph Smith
TPJS p. 364

The above quote denotes that priesthood KEYS of KNOWLEDGE / POWER / REVELATIONS are given to the Servant to assist him in fulfilling his assigned mission. All 3 of these keys are spoken of repeatedly in scripture. We are looking for a man who will show forth such keys as he witnesses to ALL nations (not just LDSFF) It also denotes he will have opposition from some high ranking officials who don’t like the attention he’s getting. (think of how the Pharisees & Sadducees viewed John and Jesus) Same scenario ...
By this logic, Christ must be a phony and a fraud, because he hasn’t yet come in his glory. :lol:

One of his first encounters was with the woman at the well, which included details only she would know. The second 6.5 earthquake in Idaho, shook my son on his birthday, and the first flying color opened up new knowledge unto me.

My picture and timing pattern was well documented many years before this forum even existed. Seeing the 2002 timing pattern was only made possible by previous strange encounters, and the second timing pattern in 2020 was of a similar nature, when silent H was skipped as Moroni ate it.

The attendant symbology on multiple levels, combined with the infinitesimal chance of either event occurring, so to form said timing patterns defies rational explanation. But then there are plenty of fools that believe the Big Bang Theory caused intelligent life with no intelligence directing it.

3*8** represents yet another unlikely, yet very symbolic anomaly based on my member ID at GodLikeProductions, which resembles the preexistence of the freedom forum. David A. Bednar spoke of the significance of timing three times in his first apostolic address. This was before 2010 when the silence in heaven began.

When the silence ends, the orchestra will begin. 8-)
Creation includes creating creations such as inventions, written works, etc.

Bog posts are more examples of creations. ❗️

BeNotDeceived
Marshmallow

Post by BeNotDeceived »

juliet wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:14 pm

God showed mercy to the woman in adultery. He showed mercy to the woman at the well, who had had 5 husbands and was living in adultery.

Soon a link to a follow-on post will be posted, giving context to an earthquake that shook my son and daughter on my son’s birthday. viewtopic.php?p=2531#p2531
March 8 and 18 made me do it. 8-)

Capisci. :?: